Join our team of creative, engaged and cutting-edge professionals
The IMA are seeking an experienced leader to join the organisation as General Manager. Reporting to the IMA Chair, this role is responsible for successfully developing and managing the operations of the Islamic Museum, as well as ensuring the museum provides an engaging and positive visitor experience. The successful candidate will develop and achieve the vision and strategic direction of the IMA through efficient delivery of service, application of specialist knowledge, resolution of complex issues, management of risks to the business, and representing the museum to stakeholders.
- Manage senior leaders and the team at IMA, including volunteers
- Liaise and manage relationships with key external stakeholders and play an active role in communications and external relations
- Develop the business strategy for IMA, including fundraising strategies and commercial initiatives
- Establish and implement effective communication strategies with staff, museum stakeholders and external parties
- Manage the museums financial strategy, budgets, funding and sustainability
- Contribute to the development of exhibitions, education, marketing, promotions and customer service
- Prepare reports, recommendations, policies and procedures for consideration by the Board and ensure effective implementation
- Provide specialist advice and recommendations in relation to multiculturalism, cultural diversity and social inclusion
Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrated ability and success developing and managing a public cultural facility, such as a museum or gallery
- Successful record managing programming and audience development
- Significant experience developing and fostering community relationships, business partnerships and corporate sponsorships
- Demonstrated knowledge and capacity to manage complex projects
- Demonstrated experience in programming and managing events or public sites to deliver audience and stakeholder outcomes
- A leadership style that fosters supportive and collegiate teams
- Knowledge of and a genuine interest in multiculturalism, cultural diversity and social inclusion
- Please note, due to the nature of this role weekend and overtime will be required.
Casual Café All-Rounder Staff
We are looking for new staff at the IMA cafe. If you possess the following skills and experience and are looking for casual hours, please contact us.
- Have basic cafe skills and experience
- be able to multi-task
- be flexible, punctual, motivated and enthusiastic with lots of energy
- be available 2-3 days per week
Contact email@example.com for any enquiries.
If you’re looking for a fun, fulfilling volunteering opportunity, the IMA has a lot of different roles – from tour guiding to assisting with art workshops and more! Join the team and contribute to our mission of providing educational and cross-cultural experiences.