19 January 2019
Arabic is the second most used written script in the world.
Age suitabilityOur 2-day class is ideal for adult learners to enjoy a practical and social experience. Basic knowledge of the language is required.
- $85 per person - Early bird rate available until 10 January 2019
- $99 per person - for bookings from 11 January 2019
Day 1, Saturday 19 January 2019, 10am - 4pm
- Demonstrate routine written social correspondence and daily situational conversation in Arabic to an intermediate level.
- Comprehend folktales and anecdotes well known to native speakers as part of their oral tradition.
- Read and comprehend poems, short stories, newspaper articles which is designed to improve reading skills while enriching the student’s knowledge of Arab history, culture, language, and literature.
- Demonstrate use of a good range of Arabic grammar forms and vocabulary in writing and speaking to an intermediate level.
Day 2, Sunday 20 January 2019, 10am - 4pm
- Initiate and maintain short predictable face-to-face conversations in Arabic at lower intermediate level.
- Through a variety of audio-visual sources, activities and interaction with fellow students and instructor you will demonstrate comprehension of the Arabic language.
- Discover key aspects of Arab culture and engage with relevant cultural, historical and social topics, which are essential to contextualising the Arabic language skills students are developing.