Updated 16 December 2021
In line with the arts and live performance sector guidelines updated by the Victorian Government on 15 December, the Islamic Museum of Australia (IMA) is pleased to announce the following updates to our COVID-19 response:
Visitors aged 18 years and over must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a valid medical exemption, in line with the Chief Health Officer’s directions. Patrons must provide this proof to Museum staff on arrival.
Visitors aged under 18 years are not required to provide proof of their vaccination status when visiting the Museum.
Masks are only required when patrons are visiting the Museum gift shop behind the reception.
Density limits inside the Museum have been removed, and our venues have returned to full capacity. Learn more about venue hire.
The health and safety of our staff, volunteers and guests is our highest priority. The IMA continues to adhere to a regular cleaning schedule for all common area surfaces throughout the day.
Further, we ask that our guests please assist us by:
- Providing proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination if you are aged 16+ upon arrival, or providing proof of a valid medical exemption.
- Performing a temperature check on arrival.
- Sanitising your hands immediately after entering the Museum. Sanitising stations are located in the front and rear foyers, and throughout the Museum.
- Maintaining social distancing of 1.5 metres where possible.
- Sanitising your hands or wear gloves (available from reception) before using interactive surfaces, including touchscreens and the chess board.
- Postponing your visit if you have a fever, flu-like symptoms or a confirmed case of COVID-19, have been to an exposure site or are a close contact of someone with COVID-19, or if you are currently not fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless you have a medical exemption.
COVID-19 IN-LANGUAGE RESOURCES ISSUED BY THE STATE GOVERNMENT
Up-to-date information relating to Covid-19 issued by the State Government and translated into other languages is available here.